Flexible, in-line, modular selective soldering system
Designed as a modular system, the Synchrodex range of in-line equipment offers the ultimate in flexibility with the ability to upgrade to high speed throughput when multiple modules are placed together.
Supplied as standard with our patented design Drop-Jet fluxer, this system offers accurate, controlled flux deposition either prior to or during the optional top side preheat function. Preheat can be controlled via an optional top-side closed loop pyrometer system for optimum temperature profile regulation.
Our low maintenance solder bath and pump mechanism moves in three axes. Solder is applied using our proven technology single point AP nozzle design incorporating patented spiral solder return to bath technology offering increased wave stability with reduced potential for solder balls.
The system can also accommodate our latest generation micro nozzle, together with Jet-Wave, Wide-Wave and dedicated multi-tube single dip solder technology.
As with all Pillarhouse systems, the soldering process is enhanced by a hot Nitrogen curtain which provides an inert atmosphere for the soldering process and also assists in the prevention of oxidation. This process provides a local preheat to the joint thus reducing thermal shock to localised components.
The Synchrodex is controlled by a PC, through PillarCOMM, a Windows® based ‘Point & Click’ interface with PCB image display. Additionally, our PillarPAD offline package allows the operator to produce programs independently from the machine using Gerber data.
- In-line motor driven auto width adjust through feed synchronous movement conveyor
- Conveyor side clamping
- Integral PC and machine mounted TFT monitor
- Auto solder wire feed and level detect
- Heated inerted Nitrogen system
- Drop-Jet fluxer
- Set of AP solder nozzle tips
- Internal fume extraction
- Colour programming camera
- Windows® based PillarCOMM ‘Point & Click’ interface
- Light stack
- Fiducial recognition and correction system
- Flux level sensor
- Multiple level password protection
- PillarPAD offline programming system
- SMEMA compatible
- Process viewing camera with record feature
- Lead-free capability
- Day-to-day service kit
- Flux presence sensor – thermistor style
- Flux spray, flow and spray & flow
- Pump rpm
- O2 ppm
- Nitrogen flow
- Ultrasonic fluxing
- Dual Drop-Jet / ultrasonic fluxing
- Top-side instant IR preheat
- Closed loop pyrometer temperature control
- Solder wave height measurement and correction system
- Bottom-side hot Nitrogen selective preheat
- Laser PCB warp correction
- Solder reel identification
- Solder bath coding – identifies correct bath for program
- Encoders on X, Y and Z axis
- Nitrogen generator
- Height: 1615mm / 63” – excluding light stack
- Width: 813mm / 32“
- Depth: 2024mm / 80”
- Board size: Max. – 457mm x 610mm / 18”x 24”
Min. – 102mm x 102mm / 4”x 4”
- Edge clearance: Above/below 3mm
- Height clearance: Below 40mm – above 45mm
100mm – upon request
- Extraction: Fan: 276mm dia.
- Rating: 1000m3/hr / 589 CFM
- Solder: Most commonly used solder types – including lead-free
- Solder pot capacity: 15kg standard – 25kg large bath
- Applicators: AP style – 2.5 – 16mm dia.
Extended and Jet-Tip nozzles – up to 25mm dia.
Jet-Wave nozzles – up to 25mm width
150mm Wave nozzle
- Flux: Low maintenance Drop-Jet system. Low solids (below 8%), no clean flux, pressurised and inerted system, optional water-soluble system available
- Flux tank capacity: 1 litre
- Fluxer speed: 50 dots/second
- Deposition size: 4.0-6.0mm / 0.16-0.24”
- X, Y & Z axis resolution: 0.15mm
- Repeatability: +/- 0.05mm
- Nitrogen supply pressure: 5 bar / 72 psi
- Nitrogen usage: 30-100 litres/min. – solder nozzle configuration dependent
- Nitrogen purity: 99.995% or better
- Air supply pressure: 5 bar / 72 psi
- Air usage: 10 litres/min. / 0.35 CFM
- Power Supplies: Single phase + PE
- Voltage: 230V
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Power: 10.5kVA max. – machine configuration dependent
- Transport: Conveyor